Spicy Roasted Cauliflower
Cauliflower transforms with a smoky, spicy flavor in this simple recipe that consistently remains a customer favorite on the menu of Pizzeria Lola.
Roasted Cauliflower with Calabrian Chile
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Calabrian chiles (found in Italian specialty markets)
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped, for garnish
- Lemon zest, for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 425˚ F.
Cut cauliflower into small florets.
In a large mixing bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
Spread the cauliflower evenly on a large baking sheet.
Place the pan in the oven and roast until the florets are lightly charred and cooked through, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
While cauliflower is roasting, chop a few Calabrian chiles into small pieces and set aside.
Check on the cauliflower after 10 minutes to ensure an even roast.
Remove from the oven, place in a large serving bowl and toss with the lemon juice and chiles.
Garnish with lemon zest and parsley.