Combining fresh fish and fresh produce makes ceviche the perfect seasonal meal. Follow these easy step-by-step instructions and prepare Sam’s classic three-citrus ceviche at home.
- 1 stalk celery, sliced into quarters
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 serrano or jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced in half
- 1 half of a white onion, cut into quarters
- ¾ cup fresh-squeezed lime juice (6-8 limes)
- ¾ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (4-6 lemons)
- ¾ cup fresh-squeezed orange juice (3-4 oranges)
- 1 - 1 ¼ pounds fresh yellowtail snapper, filleted and finely chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced very thin
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 2 sweet potatoes, blanched and cut in quarters
- 2 ears yellow corn, blanched and cut in half
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pass through a fine mesh strainer.
In a large bowl combine fish, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and salt.
Pour in juice mixture and coat fish thoroughly.
Divide into four bowls and garnish with sweet potatoes and corn.